Archaeogeomancy is a consultancy, agency, contractor, think-tank, ideas factory – traditional definitions don’t really describe what we do. With a strong academic background, a social perspective and a commercial outlook, we can provide impartial insight for heritage projects across our range of services.
Archaeogeomancy provides solutions based on considerable expertise and experience drawing on extensive professional networks.
Our services are based on over a decade of experience working for organisations in the public sector, third sector and commercial consultancy in a variety of roles.
See our Key Staff pages for more information and contact details.
Who we work with
Digital Heritage is applicable across the heritage sector and has relationships beyond.
- Local Authorities and Historic Environment Records (HERs)
- Third sector, non-profit and charitable organisations and trusts
- Government Agencies and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
- Academic institutions and research groups
- Commercial archaeology fieldwork units
- Finds specialists, environmental archaeologists, faunal remains specialists
- RICS accredited survey companies
- Archaeological consultants and contractors
- Built heritage specialists and architects
- Software and hardware manufacturers and developers
- Other service providers including visualisation and web specialists
- Publishers, television producers and magazine editors
In addition to posts held in major heritage organisations, current and past freelance clients include:
- English Heritage – Consultancy on the digital information systems used for the Raunds project
- University of Southampton – design and implementation of the Amphora Project database management system, preparation and handover of the digital archive to the Archaeological Data Service
- University of Manchester – Introduction to GIS for Archaeologists training course for postgraduate archaeology students
- University of Bristol – Introduction to GIS for Archaeologists training course for MALA postgraduate students
- Wessex Archaeology – GIS/rDBMS development, GIS training, specialist spatial analysis, consultancy